I have a confession…
I’m a TERRIBLE baker!
However sugar is my favourite food group!
So I have enlisted some of the best bakers in my life
to share with me (and all of you!) their
BEST Holiday Desserts
Corie’s Pecan Pie Bars
1 Cup Butter, Soft
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 2/3 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup of Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Golden Corn Syrup
2 tbsp Whipped Cream
2 Cups Chopped Pecans
- Oven at 350 F
- Line 9×13 pan with tinfoil- leaving overhang
- Cream butter + sugar for crust + add flour – press into pan – Bake for 20 minutes
- Combine topping ingredients into pot – Bring to a boil and simmer only 1 minute once boiling
- Remove from heat- Add pecans, pour topping evenly over crust
- Bake an additional 20 minutes- Allow to cool fully before removing and cutting
These are great to make ahead of time and
have a tray ready to go when you have last minute guests!
Faye’s Half Hour Pudding
1 tbsp Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Milk
3/4 Cup Raisins
1/2 tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Boiling Water
3/4 tsp Melted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
- Cream butter + sugar
- Add dry ingredients alternatively with milk
- Add raisins + vanilla
- Put in a greased baking dish + pour the sauce over
- Bake at 350 F for 1/2 Hour
Let this baby bake while you eat dinner and wow your guests
with a dessert that feels like you’ve spent the whole day baking!
Jenn’s Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
20 Unbaked Frozen Dinner Rolls
1 1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Raisins
1/3 Cup Butter, Melted
- Lightly grease a 10 inch bundt cake pan
- Place frozen polls into pan + sprinkle with brown sugar, pudding mix, cinnamon and raisins
- Pour melted butter over rolls
- Cover with a clean, damp cloth + leave overnight at room temperature
- In the morning preheat the oven to 350 F
- Bake rolls for 25 minutes until golden brown
- Turn rolls out onto a tray and serve warm
This is a great breakfast dessert for anyone hosting a brunch.
Jamie’s No Bake Cheesecake Parfait’s
16oz Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 tbsp Milk
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Cups Cool Whip
15 Shortbread Cookies
3 Cups Strawberries, Quartered
2 Cup Strawberry Jam
1 Cup Water
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, milk + lemon juice
- Gently mix in the Cool Whip
- Spoon crumbled shorted bread cookies into parfait glasses
- Using a piping bag, pipe in cream cheese mixture
- In a sauce pan combine jam and water – bring to a boil + remove from heat
- Once completely cooled drizzle strawberry sauce over cream cheese mixture
- Sprinkle Strawberries over the sauce
- Serve Cool (serves 10)
Possibly the easiest of all the desserts but the
individual presentation feels extra fancy!
Your guests will love how light and fruity it is.
I also love that it brings some festive colours to your dining table.
I hope you test out at least one (if not all) of these delicious recipes over the holidays!
I’ll be back tomorrow with Day 7 of my 12 Days of Christmas.
I can’t believe we’re half done already!